In Blackboard, you can populate an Excel spreadsheet with user data and import it directly into your Blackboard Org using the following steps:
- Download the spreadsheet and populate it with your user data using the attached sheet as a guideline.
- It is not necessary to fill out all fields, but best results are obtained when the username, last name, first name and role fields are filled in. Leave a blank column for each omitted column.
- In the last column, please use the following codes that correspond with the appropriate Blackboard role:
Role Code Participant S Leader OL Organization Builder B Teaching Assistant TA
- Save the spreadsheet as a .txt file (tab-delimited text).
- Go to your Control Panel > Users and Groups > Users, and select the Batch Enroll Users button from the upper-right side.
- Select the spreadsheet from your computer. Select Tab as the delimiter type, and click Submit.