It’s that time again! Here’s your complete guide to wrapping up your Blackboard courses this semester.
In mid-June, students will no longer be able to see your Spring 2015 Blackboard courses in their My Courses lists if you have not changed the default Term Availability option in Blackboard.
- To double-check this setting, go to Control Panel > Customization > Properties > Availability.
- While students will no longer have access to the previous semester course, faculty are still able to view enrollments and grades.
- To ensure the course disappears from your students’ My Courses area of Blackboard, check “Use Term Availability” or “No” in the Availability preference.
Have you backed up your course and your course Grade Center?
- Note: Archiving a course gives you a .zip file, which includes all materials, grades and interactions that took place in that course. Directions for archiving and your course are here: http://bit.ly/VA5Ubg
- Grade backup: To download your grades to an easy-to-use Excel spreadsheet, follow the instructions here: http://bit.ly/UIMAXd
Be sure to activate your Summer or Fall courses!
- Please visit http://ole.sandiego.edu and click on Faculty: New Course Request on the right-hand side of that page. Your course will be put in the activation queue and you will be notified within 3 business days. Once the new course shell is created, you can then copy the content from earlier courses by following the directions here: http://bit.ly/Vqq1Tm
And remember, the iTeam is always here to help! Stop by Maher 194 between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday for drop-in assistance, or contact us via email at email@example.com.