It’s occasionally a good idea to clear your java cache, especially if you are experiencing slowness in Blackboard. Here are instructions:
To clear your Java cache in Windows:
- Click Start > Control Panel.
- Locate and double click the Java icon in the Control Panel.
- Click Settings under Temporary Internet Files.
- Click Delete Files.
- Select all boxes and click OK on Delete Temporary Files window. Note: This deletes all the Downloaded Applications and Applets from the cache.
- Click OK on Temporary Files Settings window.
- Click OK to close the Java Control Panel.
To clear your Java cache in Mac OS X:
- Double click your Macintosh hard drive.
- Double click Applications.
- Double click Utilities.
- Double click Java Preferences.
- Click the Network tab.
- Click the Delete Files… button.
- You are prompted to delete your temporary files for Java. Make sure all boxes are selected with check marks. Click OK.
Close the Java Preferences window.