Faculty: Now that you know a little about VoiceThread’s capabilities, here’s what you need to know to get started using it.
First, make sure your version of Adobe Flash is up to date. Your computer should prompt you if it’s not.
Add a link to create a new VoiceThread in Blackboard. On Olé, this is under any content area > Assessments > VoiceThread. The following video shows you how to use VoiceThread inside of Blackboard, which includes grading a VoiceThread set as an Assignment.
Create and share your VoiceThread (if you’re making a presentation) on which students can comment.
Here’s a helpful video showing tips for narrating your presentation:
You can upload the following filetypes to VoiceThread:
- Images: .jpg, .bmp, .gif, .png
- Audio: .wav, .mp3
- Video: you can record yourself, or upload certain files. Check out this link for more information.
- Documents: .doc, .docx, .pdf, .odt, .xls, .xlsx, .ods
- Presentations: .ppt, .pptx, .odp, .pdf
- NOT supported: .swf, .html, .txt, .zip
Here’s another good, detailed guide (including troubleshooting tips at the bottom) to getting started with VoiceThread.