Occasionally you will need to export a test from Blackboard to another format – such as Adobe PDF or Word for keeping a printed copy off line. You cannot easily do this directly out of Blackboard, it is not designed with that in mind. You CAN do so through Respondus.
Firstly – Install and configure Respondus on your machine. You may have it installed already; it is a test generating tool available from the VCCS on the Teach tab in Blackboard.
Once Respondus is set up and running on your machine, follow this procedure:
1) Click the Retrieval & Reports tab in Respondus.
2) Click the Retrieve Questions button
3) Verify the sever settings in the Wizard window. They should be set for the VCCS Blackboard server: learn.vccs.edu. Click Next
4) When prompted, enter your Blackboard username and Password.
5) In the appropriate drop downs, select :
1- the Course to retrieve questions from
2- Which Exam (test)/Survey/Pool you wish to pull from
3- Name for the file you are creating
Click Next when ready
6) Respondus will talk to Blackboard, retrieve your questions, then notify you that the File is Saved with a pop-up. Click OK on the popup.
7) When the message –Completed Successfully— appears in the Respondus window, click the Finish button.
8) Go to the Start tab in Respondus. Click the Open button.
9) Select your file (named in step 5-3) can click the Open button.
** Important – you will NOT receive a message or see anything when the file is open, it will just do it and wait for you.
10) Go to the Preview & Publish tab.
11) At the bottom of the window you will see two main options.
1 – Save to File – will allow you to save as a text (TXT) Rich Text (RTF) or Word (DOC) file.
2 – Send to Printer will allow you to print a hard copy or “print” to a PDF file if that option is installed on your machine.